The Actum Group is thrilled to announce that its hero brand, Band-It, contributed to the triumphant launch of the recent SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station on 30 May 2020. Band-It ties were used to provide Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) shielding on cables for the International Space Station and its supply rockets and crew capsules.
For the past 30 years, Band-It EMI cable ties have been designed and manufactured to excel in mission-critical applications, such as MIL/AERO EMI/RFI. Aerospace, aviation and military, for example, take every precaution to ensure that EMI does not hinder operations. The company’s robust range of EMI termination ties is the industry standard in wire-harness shielding.
The recent SpaceX Falcon 9 voyage made use of Band-It’s 317L (Low Carbon) stainless steel cable ties. This alloy has superior corrosion resistance and is typically used to wrap bleach drums in the pulp and paper mills. The ‘L’ indicates a low carbon content, which significantly improves its welding characteristics.
- Meets critical electrical AS85049C and resistance test procedures (EIA-364-83).
- Lightweight, robust strength.
- Secure locking to prevent shielding from being pulled away from the connector.
- Installation tools provide a consistent, high-retained force clamp.
- Lightweight cable ties offer reduced space mission payload.
Actum Group, through its Banding and Identification Solutions Africa division (BISA), is proud to be the official Band-It distributor in Africa with 27 years of product experience to offer.