A larger more focused lighting company is envisaged by Bidvest Electrical with the merging of its professional lighting businesses under the control of Eagle Lighting Pty Ltd.
As such, the company is pleased to announce the consolidation of Eagle Lighting Pty Ltd, Bellco Lighting, LASCON Project Lighting, and Technilamp. The merger took place on July 1, 2022. The combination of these companies and their lighting knowledge, heritage, strong brands, and application expertise is formidable. In addition, with an enhanced distribution footprint to serve customer needs, strong product pipelines and shared technological expertise, the company will be able to provide even higher level of service than it was able to achieve in the past.
Initially, all of the aforementioned companies will continue to operate as before, but will coordinate their interactions with market customers. The companies will gradually combine their operations and the sales team to be able to operate as one unit by the end of the year. Customers are asked to continue to contact the same personnel in the divisions with whom they currently work with. Their goal is to minimise service interruptions, and believe that by consolidating slowly and thoughtfully, they will be able to provide a high level of service throughout the transition.
The staff are appreciative for the years of support that Eagle Lighting, Bellco Lighting, LASCON Project Lighting, and Technilamp have received, and will continue to work hard to win your business in the future.
About Eagle Lighting
- Established in 1924, Eagle Lighting are suppliers of lighting and lighting accessories for domestic and commercial projects and offer a wide range of LED energy efficient solutions.
- Eagle Lighting’s Project department is situated at its Maitland Superstore. This division concentrates on large developments, commercial buildings, warehousing, retail outlets and hotels in and around South Africa. Its projects team is available to assist and advise you with all your lighting design layout requirements.
- The retail division has amongst the largest lighting showrooms in the Western Cape, George, Knysna, Hermanus, Port Elizabeth as well as a new showroom in Woodlands, Pretoria opening in September 2022 and offers the widest range of Decorative and Commercial lighting.
- Eagle Lighting has a large range of items, domestic and commercial, which are imported monthly, as well as locally sourced product. This enables the company to stay abreast with the latest designs and lighting trends globally. It carries large stocks and can supply you with your lighting requirements at all 10 of our retail outlets.
- Contact person – Projects – Robin Lewis: 083 656 5016
- Contact person – Retail – Ryan Carthew: 083 228 7328
About Bellco Lighting and Lascon Project Lighting
- Bellco Lighting and Lascon Project Lighting are national project lighting divisions that specialises in lighting design projects as well as energy-efficient lighting solutions and energy audits. All luminaires are designed and manufactured under the proudly South African Lascon brand.
- They offer turnkey solutions for all lighting projects from inception to completion. This process includes control solutions ranging from basic lighting management systems to systems that can be integrated into Building Automation Systems. Their technical experts are able to advise clients on the most efficient and aesthetically pleasing solution for their projects be they commercial, industrial, residential or retail.
- These divisions liaise with architects, consulting and electrical engineers and interior designers to promote, educate and specify their product offering.
- Contact person in JHB, Neil Van Blerk: 083 376 2900
- Contact person in CPT, Richard Lowe: 082 827 3881
- Technilamp specialises in infrared and ultraviolet lamps, general and specialised lamps, equipment and the application thereof. Technilamp carry the widest range and the largest stock of these lamps in South Africa, and distribute nationwide.
- They are the preferred distributors of the Philips range of ultraviolet and infrared lamps and more recently Technilamp have been appointed the official distributors for Alpha-Cure, Toshiba, iSOLde lamps and Hapro tanning beds. They design, manufacture, install and maintains equipment and machinery employing these lamps.
- They are committed to ensuring a sustainable environment and as such have a comprehensive environmental waste disposal system, including the management of mercury disposal.
- Contact person – Stefan Hattingh: 083 300 0658