In any industry, knowledge is power, and none more so than in the electrical field where electrical contractors deal, on a daily basis, with something that could be fatal if the relevant knowledge is not applied. With this in mind, Schneider Electric South Africa (SESA) encourages anyone in the field of energy to register for upcoming inclass trainings or on-demand online courses at its Training Services Portal, www.se.com/za/en/work/services/training/.
“Schneider Electric Academy offers a comprehensive range of training courses in the field of energy management and automation,” explains Dilaine Subban – Schneider Academy coordinator at SESA. The following categories of classroom training are offered:
- Automation and Drives.
- Building Management.
- Critical Power and Cooling Services.
- Electrical Distribution and Energy Automation.
- Energy Efficiency.
- Home Automation.
- Medium Voltage.
- MES and SCADA.
- Protection and Control.
- Power Solutions Hardware and Software.
- Remote Terminal Unit.
- Substation Automation.
- Technology Day Workshops.
In addition to classroom training, the Schneider Electric Academy offers a wide range of online courses. “Being available 24/7 enables our students to learn anywhere, anytime and at their own pace and convenience,” explains Subban. Of particular interest to the South African market are the newly launched technical and non-technical courses on electrical safety related topics, which include:
- Arc Flash Prevention designed to increase electrical risk fundamentals knowledge, learn arc flash prevention and regulation knowledge and improve decision-making mechanism. This course is aimed at those who work in an environment with electrical risk and/or their managers, for example, health and safety managers.
- Electrical Risk Prevention e-Learning program designed to learn international electrical risk prevention rules and increase electrical risk fundamentals knowledge. This course is aimed at those who work in an environment with electrical risk and/or their managers.
- Electrical Safety in the workplace for non-electrical staff eLearning program, which will increase electrical risk fundamentals knowledge and enable right behaviour in the vicinity of electrical work. This course is aimed at non-electrical persons working in an environment with electrical risks, such as factory workers and health and safety managers.
- Electrical Crisis Management e-Learning program designed to learn crisis management basics (pressure, soft skills, and communications) and how to deal with an unexpected event. This course is aimed at operation and maintenance teams working in electrical substations and facilities.
- Electrical distribution fundamentals e-Learning program designed to increase electrical distribution network knowledge, learn basics of electrical engineering and learn knowledge of the grid and main electrical distribution devices. This course is applicable to all types of audiences in the electrical distribution and energy automation field.
“The Schneider Electric Academy provides a holistic training offer to ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment,” concludes Subban.